3.5K views
2.0

This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm not buying their junk again!

Had an Experience with Pampered Chef?

Comments

aliens_amoung_us
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States #1246694

I don't like any of that stoneware stuff....I'd never eat off of anything you can use soap and water on. Just "scrapping" it doesn't clean it to me.

Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States #1240259

I have a red stoneware baking dish that I have had for about five years, my favorite Baking dish! I used it today to make scalloped potatoes, nothing frozen or too cold, it cracked as I took it out of the oven. I paid a fortune for this dish, so dissapointed!

East Hartford, Connecticut, United States #1198444

I bought 2 happened to me 2x after only a few uses

I'm done using pizza stone

If I'm going to use one by somewhere else not as expensive this pampered chef

Bellevue, Washington, United States #1186373

I cannot believe these companies are able to defraud people with all their false claims and lies!!!

There are a few reasons that stoneware cracks when baking with it. If you put it in when it's too cold, like if you put cold food on it and it sits on it long enough to make the stone cold, it will get hot, after being cold, too quickly. I have that same dish, and it's never cracked.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PIECE OF STONEWARE.

I have several pieces of Pampered Chef stoneware that I purchased from my friend who was a consultant in 1994-6.I still have all of my pieces and they are seasoned well!

I have heard of others that have had the same thing happen that you described. Here is what my friend told me that might be the difference. 1.) There is a reason they sell all sizes of stoneware. Make sure the piece you use is 2/3 covered with food.

So don't put one chicken breast in the middle of the deep dish baker. Use the small baker for that small of a portion.

2.) Always use a cooling rack out of the oven.The top of the stove or counter can be too hot or cold for the stone.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1004435

I have the same stoneware above which I have had for years and years and absolutely loved it.

I went to take it out of the oven last night to use it for rolls and it broke right in half.I couldn't believe it.

I don't know if anything can be done to replace it.

Please let me know if you can help me.Thanks so much!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #934629

If you put meat that is frozen on the stone and use in the oven you will have thermal shock, the use and care that comes with each product will point this out. So did you place a piece of frozen meat on the stone?

Southaven, Mississippi, United States #923867

It's called thermal shock. Make sure you read the instructions before using to prevent this. You can't change the temperature rapidly on any stoneware.