Pampered Chef - Review about Cracked Stoneware Dish

This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm not buying their junk again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Cracked Stoneware Dish
Review category
review #548628

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pampered Chef? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 7 No 7
Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 13 #1198444 East Hartford, Connecticut

I bought 2 happened to me 2x after only a few uses
I'm done using pizza stone
If I'm going to use one by somewhere else not as expensive this pampered chef

Jul 17 #1186373 Bellevue, Washington

I cannot believe these companies are able to defraud people with all their false claims and lies!!!

Mar 12 #1126385

There are a few reasons that stoneware cracks when baking with it. If you put it in when it's too cold, like if you put cold food on it and it sits on it long enough to make the stone cold, it will get hot, after being cold, too quickly. I have that same dish, and it's never cracked.

2 0 Reply

Jan 27 #1101417

Sep 16, 2015 #1034384

I have several pieces of Pampered Chef stoneware that I purchased from my friend who was a consultant in 1994-6. I still have all of my pieces and they are seasoned well! I have heard of others that have had the same thing happen that you described. Here is what my friend told me that might be the difference. 1.) There is a reason they sell all sizes of stoneware. Make sure the piece you use is 2/3 covered with food. So don't put one chicken breast in the middle of the deep dish baker. Use the small baker for that small of a portion. 2.) Always use a cooling rack out of the oven. The top of the stove or counter can be too hot or cold for the stone.

2 0 Reply
Betty Hamblin

Jul 07, 2015 #1004435 Indianapolis, Indiana

I have the same stoneware above which I have had for years and years and absolutely loved it.
I went to take it out of the oven last night to use it for rolls and it broke right in half. I couldn't believe it. I don't know if anything can be done to replace it. Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks so much!

4 3 Reply

Jan 22, 2015 #934629 Saint Paul, Minnesota

If you put meat that is frozen on the stone and use in the oven you will have thermal shock, the use and care that comes with each product will point this out. So did you place a piece of frozen meat on the stone?

5 0 Reply

Jan 01, 2015 #923867 Southaven, Mississippi

It's called thermal shock. Make sure you read the instructions before using to prevent this. You can't change the temperature rapidly on any stoneware.

4 0 Reply

Oct 24, 2014 #890366 Clark Mills, New York

have an oval ceramic roasting dish. When I went to use it, it was cracked in half. I purchased this some time ago so I don't have any further information(date purchased, hostess, or receipts).I Know you have a lifetime gurantee I would like to this item replaced

Nov 28, 2014 #907292

All stoneware only has a 3 year guarantee. Sorry this has happened to you.

Mar 30, 2015 #965670 Accord, New York

Please contact me and I will help you replace this item.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pampered Chef. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Pampered Chef.
Filing a new complaint about