Pampered Chef - Review about Cracked Stoneware Dish

54 of 102 Pampered Chef reviews

This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm not buying their junk again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Cracked Stoneware Dish
Review category
Shopping
review #548628

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pampered Chef? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 7 No 7
Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
54 of 102 Pampered Chef reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Laurie George

Nov 13 #1240259 Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States

I have a red stoneware baking dish that I have had for about five years, my favorite Baking dish! I used it today to make scalloped potatoes, nothing frozen or too cold, it cracked as I took it out of the oven. I paid a fortune for this dish, so dissapointed!

Aug 13 #1198444 East Hartford, Connecticut, United States

I bought 2 happened to me 2x after only a few uses
I'm done using pizza stone
If I'm going to use one by somewhere else not as expensive this pampered chef

Mar 12 #1126385

There are a few reasons that stoneware cracks when baking with it. If you put it in when it's too cold, like if you put cold food on it and it sits on it long enough to make the stone cold, it will get hot, after being cold, too quickly. I have that same dish, and it's never cracked.

2 0 Reply
DOROTHY

Jan 27 #1101417

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PIECE OF STONEWARE.

0 1 Reply

Sep 16, 2015 #1034384

I have several pieces of Pampered Chef stoneware that I purchased from my friend who was a consultant in 1994-6. I still have all of my pieces and they are seasoned well! I have heard of others that have had the same thing happen that you described. Here is what my friend told me that might be the difference. 1.) There is a reason they sell all sizes of stoneware. Make sure the piece you use is 2/3 covered with food. So don't put one chicken breast in the middle of the deep dish baker. Use the small baker for that small of a portion. 2.) Always use a cooling rack out of the oven. The top of the stove or counter can be too hot or cold for the stone.

2 0 Reply
Betty Hamblin

Jul 07, 2015 #1004435 Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I have the same stoneware above which I have had for years and years and absolutely loved it.
I went to take it out of the oven last night to use it for rolls and it broke right in half. I couldn't believe it. I don't know if anything can be done to replace it. Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks so much!

5 3 Reply
Fox

Jan 22, 2015 #934629 Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

If you put meat that is frozen on the stone and use in the oven you will have thermal shock, the use and care that comes with each product will point this out. So did you place a piece of frozen meat on the stone?

5 0 Reply
Dee

Jan 01, 2015 #923867 Southaven, Mississippi, United States

It's called thermal shock. Make sure you read the instructions before using to prevent this. You can't change the temperature rapidly on any stoneware.

4 0 Reply
none

Oct 24, 2014 #890366 Clark Mills, New York, United States

have an oval ceramic roasting dish. When I went to use it, it was cracked in half. I purchased this some time ago so I don't have any further information(date purchased, hostess, or receipts).I Know you have a lifetime gurantee I would like to this item replaced

flippingholder

Nov 28, 2014 #907292

All stoneware only has a 3 year guarantee. Sorry this has happened to you.

KristieH

Mar 30, 2015 #965670 Accord, New York, United States

Please contact me and I will help you replace this item.
www.pamperedchef.com/pws/lovesdogs
9lives81@gmail.com

1 1 Reply
Tami

Nov 01 #1234746 Granger, Indiana, United States

I had a deep dish baker that was my go to for baked chicken. Last month I baked a pork loin with vegetables and it cracked during baking with my dinner in it! I called Pampered Chef's customer service line and they told me since it was over 3 years I may want to consider hosting a party so I could maybe get another one at a discounted price!!?? Is there a maximum temp? I had the temp over 400, but pizza is baked at a higher temp than that and my pizza stone hasn't cracked.

Nov 27 #1246516 Fort Washington, Maryland, United States

I have a deep dish roasted that has hairline crack! I have a lot of other pieces and never a problem! Is it just this roaster??? Store with lid on it wonder if that reason! After reading posts seems a lot problems with this piece! If you can help would appreciate! Thanks! Danddfry@comcast.net. Dena

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pampered Chef. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Pampered Chef.
Filing a new complaint about
×